Where is the Internet of Things (IoT) headed? One way to find out is to participate in one of the many events conducted during Global Internet of Things Day on April 9, 2018. According to the sponsoring IoT Council: “IoTday is an open invitation to the Internet of Things Community to participate in an event, host a hackathon, or just a beer/coffee with a friend or fellow collaborator focused around the IoT and its implications.”
So if you are unable to find a formal event or hackathon near you, you can easily participate with friends or colleagues over a cup of java at your nearby coffeehouse or maybe a brewed beverage at a local pub. More info on the events and related happenings can be seen by following #iotday or at the IoT Council and Internet of Things Consortium websites.
The IoT Council has been sponsoring these annual happenings since 2010. Since then, IoT has exploded in many ways, but the burgeoning connected home ecosystems have been among the leading developments that most directly impact consumers. You can delve into some of our growing volume of content on the subject here.
More About This Topic:
- More from Digitized House | Guide to the Connected Home
- Sign Up to Get Weekly Digitized House Updates
- Best Security Cameras for 2019: 13 Makers Compared
- What exactly is the Internet of Things and how will it affect your future?
- At IFA 2017, smart locks open doors to connected, integrated home services of future
- The Emerald Aisles of TreeHouse: Part 1
- Conversations with your walls: iDevices Instinct smart switches to debut
- How The Internet Of Things Is Revolutionizing The Construction Industry (From Dakota Safety)