What would we do these days without smart tech? With no Google Maps to tell us where to go and no Siri to answer our every question? Many of us can remember a time before smartphones, but most college-aged kids today have never experienced the world without the Internet.
Smart phones have made our lives exponentially more convenient, and the technology doesn’t stop there. Smart tech can be found everywhere from cars to kitchen appliances to watches. The proliferation of the Internet of Things (IoT) has made simple tasks like locking the front door or turning on the lights even easier than before.
Smart home tech also allows homeowners to save money and energy by automating lighting and temperatures within the home. So, what time-saving device will be next? If the past holds any clue, it will be something that allows humans to become even more connected and in control.
Take a look at the infographic below from our colleagues at The Zebra to learn about the top startups that disrupted the industry and shaped the way we view the possibilities of smart home tech. Though not all of them made it past the startup phase, these inventions paved the way for future entrepreneurs.
Data sources for this infographic:
More About This Topic:
- More from Digitized House | Guide to the Connected Home
- Sign Up to Get Weekly Digitized House Updates
- Infographic: Smart Ideas to Save Money, Help the Environment on Earth Day
- Infographic: Take Control of Your Energy Bills
- Infographic: 43 Smart Home Facts and Stats
- The Amazon Echo Show Line Just Grew Larger