Packing an extremely deep set of features and sensors into the forthcoming YzPlug and YzLight, startup YzOak (pronounced “wiseoak”) aims to insert themselves into your connected home by coming between all of your plug-in devices and light bulbs. Built around compact, multi-functional housings, these powerhouses are the Swiss army knives of home automation, and can be controlled with multiple digital assistants—including Amazon Alexa and the Google Assistant.
Among the feature set of both YzPlug and YzLight:
- Wi-Fi mesh networking repeater
- Bluetooth networking
- Security service, subscription free
- Speaker for delivery of music and other audio services
- Temperature sensor
- Motion sensor
- Ambient light sensor
- Energy monitoring
- 1080p camera
- Standby mode for energy conservation
- Machine learning capabilities
- Integrated USB quick-charge port
- Fully recyclable housing and components.
As one would expect, YzPlug is a smart plug and designed to plug into any grounded 110V outlet. Simply plug the device you want to control into the YzPlug, push the pairing button, and tap the device in the YzOak app (for both Apple iOS and Android devices). Similarly, the YzLight screws into any standard light socket, and can then control any lamp bulb screwed into its outboard socket.
YzOak says they support Integration with a broad range of smart-home accessories and ecosystems, including Apple HomeKit, Belkin, ecobee, Nest, Sonos, Philips Hue, WeMo, ZigBee, Z-Wave, and much more. Prospective customers can sign up on the company’s website to get notified when the products begin shipping this year.
More info about this topic:
Latest posts by Tom Kolnowski (see all)
- IKEA Smart Shades Debut in European Union - 1 February 2019
- Nevo Butler Brings Smart Home Hub with Integral Voice Assistant - 25 January 2019
- Lutron Adds Smart Fan Control to Caséta Wireless Switch Line - 19 January 2019