Are you considering contributing editorial content to Digitized House? We welcome guest posts and contributed content, since our in-house editorial and creative team cannot possibly cover the entire spectrum of the Connected Home to the extent that we would like. Read on for the details on how to engage with us.
About Digitized House
- We have architected the Digitized House brand to be the authoritative Guide to the Connected Home, where our mission is helping global consumers make their Connected Homes smarter, healthier, safer, and more sustainable.
- Toward that goal, we are undergoing an effort to produce a much higher volume of quality editorial, video, and social content around those core topics.
- For all editorial content, we publish concurrently to our primary website at Digitized.House as well as a dedicated Apple News App channel (available on iOS and macOS).
- Our website features enterprise-class performance on the WPEngine Digital Experience Platform, the leading WordPress hosting company with over 90,000 customers across 140 countries. All website content is served exclusively through SSL (https) connections.
- As a part of the media company Digitized House Media LLC, we also have access to a full creative studio in Austin, Texas, for production of original photography and video. In some instances, we may produce original photographic images to accompany your content.
- You can learn more about the Digitized House brand in our latest Media Kit.
About Our Business Model
- As an independent media publisher, we offset our operational costs by generating revenues through affiliate marketing relationships, sponsored content, and advertising. You can read more about these policies here.
About Your Guest Post and Contributed Content
- We pride ourselves on tightly-edited content, so your submission will go through a holistic editing, fact-checking, and link-checking process prior to publication. Any undesirable or non-responsive links will be removed.
- We follow the Associated Press (AP) Style Guide, and will edit your content to conform to that standard.
- We reserve the right to reject any submissions if they do not meet our high standards for quality and relevance to our editorial mission.
- Where appropriate, we reserve the right to link any products and services you mention in editorial to the respective merchants (Amazon, Best Buy, GearBest, and others) where we may have affiliate marketing relationships. We also reserve the right to include affiliate-related advertising within the content.
- Generally, we strive to publish contributed content within 48-96 hours of filing. You will be notified by the Editorial Team when the content goes live on our platforms.
Guest Post and Contributed Editorial Guidelines
- All editorial submissions from new contributors need to be approved in advance by our Editorial Team. Please send your proposed article pitches to us via email@example.com
- Submit your editorial content in a Microsoft Word, Apple Pages, or Google Docs format.
- Word count should generally be in the range of 500 to 1,000 words. If proper treatment of your topic warrants a longer format, please check with us to get approval before writing.
- Please use primarily active voice constructions in your content for a more conversational tone, and limit the use of passive voice segments.
- Break up your content with meaningful headings and subheadings for easy scanning by the reader.
- Keep the majority of sentences under 20 words for optimum readability, though some longer sentences are acceptable.
- Strive to keep paragraphs under 100 words, and each paragraph should be a thematic unit—ideally written such that the reader can grasp its meaning by looking at the first sentence.
- When using common acronyms, such as LED or Wi-Fi, there is no need to spell them out. But when using more obscure acronyms, it’s always best to spell out the first occurrence and use the acronym in further references.
- We are more inclined to publish your content if you provide us with one or more recommended images from Creative Commons, Unsplash, Pexels, or other public domain image sources. Please provide direct links to the full-size actual images, rather than pasting them into your content. Our platform is Retina-compliant, so requires images at least 1920px wide for optimum image quality on the latest high-resolution devices.
Backlinks and Research Links
- In cases where you are inserting backlinks on behalf of a sponsor or client, you must disclose the identify of the sponsor or client to us in advance of submitting the content. The backlinks must be inserted in proper editorial context and be relevant to the subject matter. Inappropriate use of backlinks will result in rejection of the content.
- We encourage you to insert meaningful inline research links to substantiate claims and statements made in the content, and to add credibility to your writing.
Content Shelf Life
- Generally, your content will remain active on our publishing platforms for a minimum of 12 months. Due to the volume of content we publish, your content may be be located “below the fold” within a few weeks, but will remain accessible through scrolling, the main menu system, category tags, various user-accessible content filters, and site search.
Promotion of Your Content and Personal Brand
- We believe in elevating our editorial contributors, so your content will be promoted through social media (Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn), with your name or social handle highlighted as the creator. Please provide your relevant social media handles so we can include them in our ongoing social outreach related to the content you contribute.
- In addition to a byline at the top of the story, your bio and photo will appear below the content on our website. Please provide a short bio and a head shot (minimum 500 x 500px) with your first submission.
- Your content will also be promoted by web browser push notifications through our iZooto platform, and through email marketing via our MailChimp platform.
- We encourage you to re-tweet or re-post the social content to your own handles, as well as to post native social around the content. And of course, we would love to see you link the content to your own blogs or websites, and add it to portfolios on contently.com, LinkedIn, and elsewhere.
- At our discretion, we may syndicate your content through the Taboola or Outbrain networks in the US, Canada, European Union, and Australia/New Zealand as content topics warrant to drive additional audience engagement.
More Questions? Reach out to us through firstname.lastname@example.org.
Content Last Revised: 09 December 2019